Hi my name is Owen I am new to this site and hopefully a good addition. I am a senior and this is my first article so please comment and tell me how I did.
Anyway what I am going to talk about is quad Snorlax.
The strategy behind this deck is setting up Snorlax and using the ability “Block” to make it so that the opponents defending Pokémon can’t retreat. This ability is not too beneficial by itself but… combining it with Lasers and Virbank city gym you could have some serious damage and knockouts on the board since the opponent can’t retreat! Now, the only downside is they can switch so that card is being played a lot. But you can just catcher up another Pokémon and laser it. Also the poison damage sets up perfect leaving 180hp and 170hp knocked out after your opponents turn which is great since it leaves them open to catchers then lasers.
4 Shadow Triad
3 Professor Juniper
4 Hypnotoxic Laser
1 Rock Guard
4 Team Plasma Ball
4 Pokemon Catcher
4 Max Potion
4 Crushing Hammer
2 Enhanced Hammer
4 Rescue Scarf
2 Tool Scrapper
2 Virbank City Gym
- 4 Snorlax obviously
- 4 Hypnotoxic lasers to get the max use
- 2 Virbank City Gym to counter Beaches and to help the laser
- 4 Shadow Triad to get even more use of Hypnotoxic laser
- 2 Skyla can help get lasers into play can be switched with Cherens but I think this deck already has draw power
- 4 Max potion, because this deck has no energy so it is essential and very helpful
- 1 potion just extra healing
- 4 Rescue Scarf since Block is the main point in this deck you want to keep it going
- Hugh to level the playing field if you mulligan since you only have 4 basics (maybe more)
- 1 Rock guard to add more damage
- 2 Tool Scrapper since the Garbodor matchup would be pretty bad without it
There are not too many good techs in quad Snorlax but you can play Audino from boundaries crossed since the laserbank combo is so big right now. You can also play Double colorless energy to use teampact for faster knockouts.
This deck is very fun to play and very cheap compared to decks like plasma rush.
-OwenCategory: Deck Discussion, Deck Workshop | Tags: Snorlax